Happy Hump Day Ladies!
I hope you all are having an amazing week. If you are like me you can’t wait for the WEEKEND . My 5 year old has her fall break starting so I have some fun activities planned for her that the rest of the troops are going to get to enjoy! However, if you have more than one little angel and like me 2 under 2 you will be able to relate to the needing a little pick me up so that you aren’t stuck pulling your hair out! Even if you don’t have more than one and you’ve just been having a busy, stressful, exhausting week and you don’t know how you’ll make it to Friday then look no further.
We are going to take this evening to refresh, rejuvenate, and relax! Scientific studies have shown the importance of taking time to take care of yourself, calming the mind, and relaxing the body in order to reduce stress and anxiety to prevent things like depression, diseases such as heart complications, and increase your chances of success and life longevity.
See article published in 2016 ( https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1976131716300184)
So I am going to give you some tips and a few DIY’S to help get you right for the rest of the week. Let’s begin!
- Create a calming environment: Troops are ready for bed, if they are not already in the bed put on a flick. That’s right ladies use the Netflix account (no I’m not sponsored). Your kitchen is clean (if not put hubby on duty, remember to delegate. If you have no idea what I’m talking about see my post on the Balance Act.) It’s time to set the stage.
- Set the stage: Light your favorite candles, dim the lights, and turn on your favorite tunes. Depending on the week and how I am feeling I can choose between smooth jazz, old school r&b, or some calming nature sounds. It’s all about the ambiance my friend. Don’t worry we will get to the peace and quiet a little later. Because we NEED that. Whether you like a bath or shower it’s time to warm the water. The key here is relaxation. Even if it’s just a quick soak (15 minutes)!
- Gather your supplies: Now that you have your peaceful environment, and your stage has been set it’s time to gather your supplies ladies. Grab yourself a clean towel, your body scrub (if you don’t have one I will leave a quick DIY for you. Your skin is going to thank me and it’s welcome in advance), your epsom salt, and favorite essential oil. Make yourself a cup of tea, (I like a nice lemon zinger or Green tea with Ginseng, and a little honey) or poor a glass of chilled wine (I like a nice Moscato every now and then.)
- Enjoy: It’s all about you! Close yourself away in your oasis. Poor the epsom salts in the tub (for my pregnant readers replace the epsom salt step and instead use a little sea salt), with a little of your favorite essential oil. If you’re feeling fancy throw in a few rose petals. Climb into the tub and let that nice hot water soothe those muscles, as the salt pulls those nasty toxins and impurities out of your body that tend to promote stress levels. After 15 minutes you’re ready for your body scrub. If you don’t already have one I will leave the recipe I use below. Massage the scrub into your skin. To see the benefits of body scrubbing see here (https://www.annmariegianni.com/benefits-of-body-scrubs/). 1 Cup of brown sugar or salt ( the point is the crystals that aren’t to abrasive on your skin), 1/2 tbl. spoon of olive oil, 1/2 tbl. spoon of coconut oil, 1/2 tsp. of almond or jojoba oil (not required but I love the moisture it leaves behind, 1/2 tsp. essential oil for scent (not required).
- Calmed Mind: Let the water out, turn that shower on (see best of both worlds), grab your favorite body gel/wash and go to town. Continue shower routine as normal. Grab that clean fluffy towel, and your favorite body moisturizer (I love a good body oil my favorite right now is Sunkiss Alba’s glow oil by Derma E or a little infused coconut oil with vitamin E. Again not sponsored.) Gently massage the oil into your skin slowly. Remember the quiet I promised this is where you have it. It takes moisturizing to another level trust me. Quieting your mind for just 10 minutes allows you to continue to de-stress, calm anxieties, improve cardiovascular health, increase of oxytocin, and alleviates insomnia. For chemical benefits of meditation see here (http://www.chemistryislife.com/the-chemistry-of-meditation) for the psychology in mediation see here (https://www.american.edu/cas/psychology/clinical-research/upload/article-Meditation-Tanner-Haaga-2.pdf)
- La Finale: Grab your favorite pair of pajamas, or some sexy lingerie for hubby to thank him for his support (wink). Climb in the bed and enjoy feeling refreshed and empowered to take on the rest of the week.
Hope you enjoyed this read ladies. Don’t forget to comment below and tell me what you thought of this post. Share your tips on good wellness wed. relaxation. If you aren’t already following my post please hit the follow button we would love to have you!