We’re so close to the weekend! I hope you guys are as excited for this weekend as I am.
For today’s Try it Thursday I thought it be fun to make some chicken teriyaki with some vegetable fried rice and a green tea and ginseng iced tea. Joshua and I have been missing some of the delicious habachi restaurants from back home. So, we decided to make one of our favorites right at home. (We haven’t had the best of luck with take out restaraunts where we live). What makes this even better is it’s super easy to make and affordable!
*Tip for my vegetarians or vegans you could always substitute the chicken for mushrooms or tofu.
Substitute Fried rice for plain steamed Jasmine Rice if desired.
(pTeriyaki Chicken and Fried Rice
Chicken pieces of choice (we’re choosing tenderloins)
Frozen vegetable mix
1/2 chopped onion (small)
Seasoning of Choice
Oil of Choice (I’m choosing coconut oil)
Teriyaki sauce (it’s a lazy day so we’re using FUSIA Asian Inspirations) but feel free to make your own
1.Prepare Jasmine rice according to instructions. Place some aside for those who don’t enjoy fried rice. My family loves it so we’ll be using all of it for fried rice.
Wash chicken and pat dry. Season chicken with seasonings of choice. We’re using onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper,and garlic powder. Toss in bowl of teriyaki sauce (save some sauce for later). Place in fridge to marinate for 30 mins- 1 hr.
2. Preheat pan with oil of choice. I’ll be using coconut oil. Take chicken out of marinade and cube. Add chicken and marinade to preheated pan and cook thoroughly. Keep warm on low until ready to serve.
3.Preheat pan with oil of choice (as you know I will be using coconut oil.) Chop onion during this time. Once onion is chopped add to pan and cook until translucent. Once translucent add minced garlic and frozen veggies. Cook veggies until tender stirring occasionally.
4. Add rice to cooked veggies. Top with soy sauce and fold the rice and veggies until combined. (You can add salt and pepper at this time for taste but it’s not necessary as soy sauce adds tons of delicious flavor on its own.)
5. Serve chicken and rice together. Serve with warmed teriyaki sauce on the side or place on top of chicken and rice for added flavor!
Green tea and gensing iced tea
Greentea and Ginseng tea bags
Raw honey or sweetener of choice
1.Boil water. Once boiled turn pot off and add tea bags. (I use between 4-6 for 1 pitcher.)
2. Let tea bags sit for 5-10 mins.
3. Add honey or sweetener of choice to tea to taste. (Be careful because raw honey is VERY sweet.)
4. For added flavor add lemon juice from 1 lemon. Chill.
5.Serve over ice with lemon slice.
*Tip: Prep tea and chill while preparing teriyaki chicken and fried rice.
I hope you guys try this recipe out! It’s one of our quick go to dinners that gives us the satisfaction of the habachi restaraunts at an affordable price!
(Photo Credit: Google Images
Actual photos can be found on the 4mommyvibez IG page.)