Happy Monday Everyone!
Gosh I’ve missed blogging. But decided to take a mental break to focus on getting my balance back. I’m back and so look forward to December’s posts with you guys.
If you’re new to the 4mommyvibez blog series a warm hello. To my returning readers thank you so much for your love and support. Big hugs your way!
Remember, if you like what you see or have something to add please feel free to like, share, or comment. Don’t forget to hit that follow button for future content!
Note: We will be taking a step away from my normal posts and focus on posts for the holidays. We’re talking DIY gift ideas, Holiday Treats, Crafts for you and the family, and more! We’ll resume normal topics on faith, family, fun, organization, and wellness come the New Year!
On to today’s post! Christmas is approaching us quickly.
Omg you guys we are 22 days away from the big occasion. So, I thought it would be fun to share 3 DIY (Do It Yourself) gift ideas you could pull off for friends, family, or coworkers that won’t break the bank using mason jars to start of our Christmas series festivities!
Note: I will be doing several DIY gifts in a jar posts. Just started with these 3. Lol
Keep reading for gift ideas and quick how to’s!
1. Cookie Jars-Choclate Chip
Who doesn’t love a good cookie recipe am I right? So, the first DIY are some beautiful cookie jars. This is a recipe my family have used for YEARS and they are AMAZING.
Note: You can use these cookie jars for any cookie recipe. Chocolate chips cookies just happen to be a family staple.
Cookie recipe card
Dry Ingredients for Cookie dough:
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
2 Pckgs. Semisweet chocolate chips (If you’re a super chocolate lover you can use chunks instead)
(For full recipe: Checkout Toms. blogpost as we’ll be talking my favorite cookie recipes.)
1. Clean and sterilize jars.
2. Place flour, sugar, salt, brown sugar, baking soda, and chocolate chips in the jar in layers.
4. Decorate top with Ribbon and added recipe card with instructions on how to prepare mix and wet ingredients needed.
Cl2. Handcare Jar
Here’s another gift idea I just LOVE! All items can easily be found for cheap at your local Dollar Store or Target travel size sections.
1 Manicure set complete with nail file, cuticle pusher, and nail clippers,
1 Hand Sanitizer
1 Hand Cream
1 Pair of Gloves
Cute Note Card with seasons blessings
1. Neatly place the items in the Jar.
2. Place your seasons blessing note card and ribbon on the jar.
(Disclaimer: Please make sure to note if an individual has allergies prior to gifting them this item. I would leave this item for individuals you know personally.)
Nothing beats a delicious smelling and moisturizing body butter to combat the dry skin the unforgiving cold leaves us.
1 Jar Sterilized
Essential oil of choice
Hand held blender
Note card with special message
1. Take one cup of raw coco butter, 1/2 cup coconut oil, and 1/2 cup jojoba oil to pan. Melt gently on medium high heat until it forms a liquid.
2. Transfer the contents to a bowl and place in fridge until contents are softly solidified.
3. Once solidified add 2 caps of essential oil of choice. I like the vanilla scented and orange essential oils.
4.Blend until you get a whipped consistency similar to a whipped meringue or whipped cream.
5. Add contents to jar. Decorate with ribbon and your seasons blessing card.
Tip: Customize with names of those receiving and have fun decorating jars with holiday stickers and themes.
I hope you guys enjoyed this quick post.
Peace, love, and prayers for joyful preparations.
(Photo Credit: Google Images. No intent on copyright infringement were intended with this post.)